Rename a File
You can rename existing files from the Working Papers File menu. We strongly suggest that you rename all Working Papers files using the following method, rather than renaming the file manually in Windows Explorer.
- If you are renaming a SmartSync parent file using a local sync copy, all other staff must synchronize and delete their sync copies first, otherwise they will be abandoned.
To rename a Working Papers file:
- Open a new instance of Working Papers or Close the current file.
- On the ribbon, click File | Rename File.
- From the drop-down menu, select the file that you want to rename. You cannot rename library files, or files that have been signed out or checked out.
- Enter the new file name in the field below.
- If applicable, select Generate a new identifier for this file to generate a new file identifier for the renamed file. Click Rename File.
The file is renamed.