You are here: All Help Topics > Accounting and Assurance > Journal Entries > Creating an Other Adjusting Journal Entry
-- How Do I? --

Creating an Extra Adjusting Journal Entry Type

  1. On the Ribbon, under the Account tab, click Adjusting Entries.

  2. Click New to create a new reference number that is an increment from the previous one entered.
  3. Enter the date of the journal entry. The date defaults to the end of the current active period. However, for multiple period processing, the date can also be for a prior or future period. If the period date is for a prior period then only the year to date and not the current period financial statement is affected. If the period date is for a future period, the current financial statement is not affected. When moving to this future period, these entries are properly recorded.
  4. Click the Customize button () to open the Customize Adjusting Journal Entries Dialog and select the Show extra Adjusting Entry types check box to enable extra adjusting entry types (other adjusting 2 or other adjusting 3).

    Note: You can rename the extra adjusting entry types to reflect your firm's reporting needs. The maximum length for the name is 20 characters.

  5. Select one of your extra adjusting journal entries for the Type field.

The other adjusting journal entry type is posted and displayed as an editable entry.

Note: Adjusting Journal Entries can also be created directly from the Working Trial Balance and automatic documents.

Related Topics