Backstage - Creating and Opening Files
Working Papers now implements a backstage screen that is displayed when you launch the program. The backstage features much of the functionality usually available through a File menu and also offers other utilities to help you manage your files.
How Do I?
- Opening a Client File on Your Local Machine or the Network
- Opening a Synchronized Copy of a File
- Opening the SmartSync Top Level Parent File
New Sync Copy
New File - Create a blank Working Papers file
New File - Import documents from another Working Papers file
New File - Import client data from a data source
- Creating a Working Papers File from a QuickBooks file
- Creating a Working Papers File from an Existing file
- Creating a Working Papers File from Exported Client Data
New File - Import both documents and client data
- Creating a Working Papers File from a QuickBooks File and Imported Documents
- Creating a Working Papers File from Exported Client Data and Imported Documents
- Creating a Working Papers file with Imported Documents and Client Data
New File - Selectively Import Documents and Client Data from a Working Papers file
New File - Create the file from a template
Rename a file
More Info >>
When you open existing files and templates from prior versions of Working Papers for the first time they will be converted to your current version of Working Papers. Once converted, the files are no longer accessible from earlier versions of Working Papers.
The New File From Client Data Wizard enables you to create a new client file from a client data file, an existing file, or a file from other accounting packages.
A detailed showing of the first screen you see once you start-u up CaseWare Working Papers.
The import feature is the fastest method to transfer your client’s data into the Working Papers file. Working Papers allows you to import general ledger detail or trial balance information from a variety of popular accounting software packages.