CaseWare® Working Papers requires minimum machine and software requirements for:
Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (x64).
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit (x64), Windows 8.1 64-bit (x64) with Update.
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit (x64) Professional Service Pack 1.
Note: See here for important information when sharing files hosted on Windows 7.
Minimum 1 GHz 64-bit (x64) processor; 2 GHz recommended for improved performance.
Minimum 2 GB of RAM; 8 GB recommended for improved performance.
Minimum 1 GB free hard drive space recommended for installation.
Note: Additional hard drive space is required for templates and engagement files. The size of open client files will vary depending on the features used and the size of documents managed. Working Papers has built-in compression that significantly reduces the size of compressed files.
Internet access required during the installation of Working Papers.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0 or later on most versions of Microsoft Windows, as per the Internet Explorer life cycle.
Adobe Acrobat Reader version 10.0 or later.
Microsoft Office 2010 or later, or Microsoft Office 365 (Desktop version, Cloud is not supported)
Security and permissions
- Installation requires local administrative rights to the workstation.
- Use of Working Papers requires read/write access to the program folder and any folders containing client files.
SQL Server requirements for SQL Data Store
The Working Papers Data Store can make use of a Microsoft SQL backend to store data. Working Papers (using a SQL Data Store) is compatible with the following SQL products:
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® Express editions of all of the above.
A file server can be used to store Working Papers client files.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1.
- Microsoft CIFS compatible networks like SAMBA on Linux- Contact CaseWare Support before implementing this type of solution. See more...
Note: SP1 is enforced by the installer.
Per file server/network operating system recommendations.
In situations where a workstation is to be substituted for a true file server, we strongly recommend that the operating system for the workstation be Windows 7 and later. For Windows 7 users, please refer to the CaseKnowledge article regarding file corruption when using Windows 7 workstation or Windows Server 2008 with Server Message Block (SMB2).
A Terminal or Citrix Server can host Working Papers program sessions for users. Requirements include:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 with Terminal/Citrix Services.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Terminal/Citrix Services.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Terminal/Citrix Services.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Terminal/Citrix Services.
- Citrix MetaFrame XP, Presentation Server, XenApp 4.5.
- Server hardware configuration needs to be scaled (RAM, CPU) for the number of sessions to be hosted and the applications and templates used.
- For optimal performance, Working Papers client files should be stored on the Terminal/Citrix Server or connected to it via a high-speed network connection.