You are here: All Help Topics > CaseWare Working Papers > Interface > Saving a Document as an Excel File
-- How Do I? --
Saving a Document as an Excel File
Create an Excel file of the selected document or documents.
- Select the automatic document to be saved as an Excel File.
- On the Document tab, click Save as Excel File.
- If you want to add the excel file to the Document Manager Select Add to client file and Document Manager
- Select or browse for the folder where you want to save the file and edit the file name.
- Click Save.
The document is saved as an Excel spreadsheet.
- An entire folder of documents can be saved as an Excel file by selecting the folder and then, on the Engagement tab, clicking Save as Excel Files.
The modified date on the Excel file properties differs by file format:
- The modified date on an .xls file changes when the file is opened.
- The modified date on an .xlsx file changes when the file is modified.