Using Filters on the Document Manager
Working Papers allows you to create custom filters for the Document Manager based on a variety of criteria. Using this feature, especially in conjunction with the Document Tags, allows the creation of customized views of the Document Manager for the various members of the engagement team.
To access filters, within the Document Manager, on the View tab, click Filter by. You can also use the Filter Toolbar.
Filters limit the documents displayed on the Document Manager to those that meet the filter criteria. You can also filter other areas of Working Papers, such as the Accounts tab or the Working Trial Balance.
Create filters to display only documents which have outstanding issues, have not been signed off, or are of a particular type (like all CaseView documents). There is no limit to the number of filters which can be created and shared.
Users can design and customize their own filters. Once created, the Document Manager filters can appear on the View tab, in the Filter by list.
A Simple Filter editor allows users to select the document properties from drop-down lists to create the filter.
An Advanced Filter editor is provided to define a more complex filter
There are 2 types of filters:
- Personal - those that are visible to only yourself. Select the filters to include in the Filter by list.
- Shared - those that are visible to all users and transferred to other client files. Select the filters to include in the Filter by list for all users.
The Filter Manager
The Filter Manager provides full control over the Filter By list.
To customize the list, within the Document Manager, on the View tab, click Filter by | Filter Manager:
- Click New to create a filter.
- Click the drop-down menu on New to add a new filter or a new separator line.
- Select a filter and click Edit to edit.
- Delete a filter by selecting it and clicking Delete.
- Move filters and separator lines up or down.
- Hide a filter or separator line by clearing the selection.
Click Defaults to restore the default filter list while in the Shared tab. This removes any custom filters and cannot be undone.
Clicking Defaults on the Personal tab restores the filter list to the contents of the Shared tab. This removes custom filters not on the Shared tab and cannot be undone.
- A filter remains applied to the Document Manager until cleared.
- Closing the client file does not clear the Document Manager filter.
- To reset the Document Manager to display all documents, select the filter None.
- The currently applied filter does not apply to newly created documents until the filter is re-set.
- Deleting a folder deletes all documents in the folder, including those hidden by an applied filter.