- Drag the pointer to select the portion of the document in which you want accumulator totals to appear.
- On the Home tab, click Section and then click Carry Forward Totals.
- Select the Enable carry forward headers and footers option.
- To display a subtotal at the top of the page following a column of figures, select the paragraph tag for the carry forward header in the Paragraphs in carry forward header tagged with list.
- To display a subtotal at the bottom of the column of figures, select the paragraph tag for the carry forward footer in the Paragraphs in carry forward footer tagged with list.
If there is only one carry forward footer, you can specify where it appears. To display the subtotal after the main body of text on the page, select the Print footer immediately after main body text option.
Note: When there is more than one carry forward footer, this option is not available.
- Select any other options required. Select Allow multiple carry forwards if you have multiple sections with carry forward headers and footers that will straddle a page and you want all of the sections carry forwards to display.
If accumulator totals are being used in the carry forward, make sure step 1 of Accumulating Columns of Figures has been completed.
This step enables the carry forward header or footer to display in the document when printing. A carry forward footer does not display on the final page of a document.