You are here: All Help Topics > Basic Features > Headers and Footers > To create the Carry Forward header or footer
- On the Document tab, click Modify and select Carry Forward. A split window appears in which to create the carry forward line.
On the Home tab, click Cell.
- Create a numeric cell for the carry forward line.
- In the Accumulator Group box, create an accumulator group for the cell in the carry forward line. This accumulator group will be used in assigning cells to the accumulator groups.
- Ensure that the Accumulator Total option is selected and click OK.
- Position the insertion point anywhere on the line containing the carry forward cell.
- On the Home tab, click Paragraph, and then click Tag.
- In the Paragraph tag box, enter a name for the carry forward line. This name will be used to assign the carry forward to the section in the document that is to contain accumulators at the end and beginning of a column of figures. This name can be independent of the name used in the Accumulator Group box.
- On the Document tab, click Modify.
- The carry forward header or footer is similar to any header or footer and can be formatted as such. It contains the cells used to display the accumulated totals.
- Multiple carry forward lines can be created for different columns in the document using different accumulator groups. Simply create additional lines in the carry forward header or footer and label them with unique paragraph tags.
- A carry forward footer does not display on the final page of a document.