Create a Table
On the Home tab, click Table.
A default table identifier is automatically entered based on the last identifier used. If desired, replace it with another alphanumeric code that starts with a letter and is up to 3 characters long.
Note: The identifiers UD1 - UD9 may not be used as they conflict with the command used to link User Defined Data.
- Enter the number of columns for the table. The maximum number of columns allowed is 208. Column cell numbering goes A->GZ.
- Enter the number of rows for the table. The maximum number of rows allowed is 999.
- Select the column type for each column. The column type controls how CaseView handles data entered in the column. The default selection is General.
- If you are creating a table that is wider than the width of a page, you need to select the Enable wide-table printing option in the table properties after the table is created. See Formatting wide tables for more information.
- If you are setting up a table of cells whose numbers are identical to cell numbers in the document except for the Table Id prefix be aware that there is a table relative logic at work whenever calculations are entered.
For example, if you create a table ABC with cell c1 and there is already a document cell c1, any calculations in the table that refer to cell c1, will use the table cell unless you enter a precedence operator. For more information, please see the examples in the topic Table Relative Operator.