PEG Template Installation - Existing User
Before updating your Caseware/CPA Canada PEG template, we recommend that the license administrator create a backup of your existing master template. After an administrator downloads and updates the master template, users can proceed to update each of the existing client files to ensure all functionality and content updates are made.
- Ensure that your workstation meets all the system requirements for Caseware/CPA Canada PEG.
Backup the existing master template (optional)
Before installing an update, we recommend that the license administrator create a backup of the existing master template.
To create a backup of the master template (optional):
- Close all instances of CaseView.
- In Working Papers, click Tools | Templates.
- Select the template to back up, then click Repackage.
- In the Template Packager Wizard, click Next.
- On the Global Options page, select a secure location for your output file and the corresponding client file name. Click Finish.
You have created a backup of your master template. The update can now be installed on the firm author’s copy of the master template.
Download and install the master template
After a backup of the existing master template is created, a license administrator can retrieve the PEG template from MyCaseware, then install the master template.
To download the PEG template from MyCaseware:
- Log in to your MyCaseware account.
- On the Dashboard, click Software Downloads.
- On the Templates tab, locate the version of Caseware PEG you want to install, then click Download.
The installation file is downloaded to your workstation.
To install the master template:
- To launch the installation wizard, double-click the .cwp file you downloaded from MyCaseware.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) prompt displays enter your credentials, then click Yes.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next to continue.
- Accept the End User License Agreement, then click Next.
- Use the default Program Folder and Document Library file paths. Ensure the Uninstall existing template option is selected, then click Finish.
- If the Uninstall Template Wizard displays, click Next to uninstall the existing template. Click Close.
- The template will begin installing. When complete, the dialog will indicate a successful installation. Click Close.
You have installed your master template. You're now ready to proceed to updating your client files.
This online help system applies to all Caseware Audit, Review and Compilation products. Not all features are available in all products.