How Do I?
- Updated!Adding a Client
- Updated!Assigning Clients to Groups
- Updated!Deleting a Client
- Making Clients inactive
- Printing the Client List
- Printing the Client List by Engagement Type
- Printing the Client List by year end
- Printing all clients for a particular partner
- Relieving outstanding WIP
- Writing off outstanding time or expenses
- Relieving outstanding accounts receivable information
- Determine if any transactions were processed in the current year
- Reconciling an Unapplied Cash Receipt or a Credit Note
- Creating a miscellaneous invoice
- Entering Credit Notes
- Performing a year end close
More Info >>
The Client List is a list of all clients for whom your firm performs work. The Client List must be complete prior to entering time or expense transactions or entering invoices.
As an alternative to deleting a client, you can deactivate the client until the year end close.
Updated!Client properties and options
The Client setup dialog enables you to manage all your client profiles from a single location.
If there are any transactions on the report, deletion or deactivation of the client is not possible.
Both invoices and cash receipts can be outstanding in a Payment History document. In order to deactivate the client after the year end close, it is necessary to issue credit notes for outstanding invoices and to perform account reconciliation for outstanding cash receipts.
If both invoices and cash receipts are outstanding, this indicates that when an invoice was paid, the person entering the invoice forgot to apply it to a specific invoice.
If only cash receipts or credit notes are outstanding and you want to make the client inactive, it is necessary to create a miscellaneous invoice for the amount of the cash receipt or credit note and then reconcile the invoice to the receipt or credit note.
If only invoices are outstanding and you want to deactivate the client after the year end close, you have two options.