Time was designed for the Windows family of operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (supports SQL 2012 Express and above)
- Microsoft Windows® 8 (supports SQL 2012 Express and above)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 Professional
- Minimum 200 MB for the Time application
- Minimum 100 MB for each supplementary Time company file. The size of the company files will vary depending on the features used and the amount of data entered
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Minimum 512 MB of system memory; 1,024 MB or more is recommended for improved performance
- Program requires 15 MB hard drive space
- The size of open Time files will vary depending on the features used and the size of documents managed
- SVGA monitor capable of 256 colors and 800 x 600 resolution is required. A monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution or higher is recommended
- Dual monitors are supported
- Internet access is required during the installation of Time
- Updates between releases are available as downloads from the CaseWare International Inc. website at www.caseware.com/support/time
- High-speed Internet connection is recommended for downloading program updates
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® version 11.0 or higher
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® 5.0 or higher
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2012*
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows® Small Business Server
- Novell® Netware® 5.1 or higher
*For Windows® Server 2012, you must enable the .NET 3.5 Framework (and .NET 2.0 Framework) using the Add Roles and Features Wizard. For instructions, see the Microsoft Help page
- Per file server/network operating system recommendations
Microsoft Terminal Server
For users who access CaseWare products from multiple locations or would like to improve the speed of accessing their files within the same location we suggest exploring Microsoft® Terminal Services.
This multi-user server provides the ability to host multiple, simultaneous client sessions. Terminal Server is capable of directly hosting compatible multi-user client desktops running on a variety of Windows-based and non-Windows-based hardware.
Microsoft's Terminal Services can be further extended with the use of Citrix Systems.
To install Time on a Terminal Server, that can include Citrix, follow the steps in Section 3.2 of the CaseWare Time Getting Started Guide, which provides instructions for installing Time on a network.
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server
If you use Windows® Small Business Server in conjunction with Time be aware of the number of users and connections. Small Business Server is typically suitable for small and medium enterprises with up to 75 workstations or users. Ensure consideration is given to both the user limit and the connections required per user on all server activities.