The Document Manager, located in the left panel, is a dynamic list of all of the documents that make up the company file. The Document Manager is the first window to display whenever a new file is created or an existing file is opened.
The list may be filtered depending on whether or not protection groups are in use and the documents assigned to the protection group. If no protection is used with the Time file, all of the documents are displayed.
Documents are accessed from the Document Manager by double-clicking them. Right-clicking any document pops up a menu giving options for the document.
Using the Document menu you can
- Create new documents;
- Open existing documents;
- Delete unneeded ones;
- Alter settings and properties;
- Save documents in PDF or HTML format;
- Email documents in PDF or HTML format.
Documents can be organized in folders for more effective use. New folders and documents can be created and properties of existing folders and documents can be changed.
Arrange the Document Manager to suit your company by inserting new folders organized by protection groups. Staff members can use the documents depending on their given rights. To find documents on the Document Manager, click Edit | Find or Ctrl+F. See the topic Creating Documents and File Folders.
- New! To open Microsoft Excel files in a separate window, right-click the file and select Open In New Instance. The Excel file opens in a separate Excel window.
- To open or close all the documents on the Time Document at once by clicking View | Expand All or Collapse All.
- To open all folders of the same level, press ALT+SHIFT+Right Arrow or click View | Expand (with the cursor on one of the folders).
- To close all folders of the same level, press ALT+SHIFT+Left Arrow or click View | Collapse (with the cursor on one of the folders).
Tip: Drag documents from your Windows desktop and drop them to the Time Document Manager. Similarly, documents can be dragged from the Document Manager and dropped onto the desktop. These documents can then be launched from the desktop when required.