All automatic and CaseView documents can be saved in HTML and automatically sent by email as an attachment. The recipient can then open the HTML document using an internet browser. Microsoft Outlook will be automatically launched to send the email.
Microsoft Word and Excel documents in the Time file can also be mailed. They are sent in their original format, not in HTML.
The Send to mail recipient feature works only with MAPI, the standardized mail interface for Windows. Lotus Notes is not supported.
To send documents as email attachments
- Select a document. Multiple documents may be sent by holding down the CTRL key (or the shift key for consecutive documents) as you select them. If no documents are selected or if a folder is selected, the command is not available.
- Click Document | Send To | Mail Recipient (as Attachment). Your email software is launched and a new message created.
- Enter the destination email address and any message that you'd like to include.
- Press the Send button.
- Ensure that there is no conflict between the internet mail program and your email program. If you are using Microsoft Outlook as your mail server, ensure MS Outlook is selected as the email program and not Outlook Express. To verify the server, open Internet Explorer and click Tools | Internet Options and then the Programs tab. Make sure the email program chosen is Microsoft Outlook.
- When viewing a CaseView HTML document, set the background color to the Windows default color as other backgrounds can cause readability problems.
- HTM and HTML files may be opened only in an internet browser. We recommend Internet Explorer version 5.0 or higher
- The format of the HTML document, (e.g., the size of the fonts) can be changed in your internet browser. For example, in Internet Explorer, click View | Text size. Changes made affect the previewing and printing of the documents.